"红头巾2007", this is what CK calls me, and I think that it is becoming more and more accurate in describing my life now. Work and work and work. After enjoying the CNY break for 4days straight, work starts again, and is going to continue, meaning I will be working for 9days straight until I get my offday (jiamin worked 11days straight, pei fu ni sia). I badly need a day for myself, just myself alone, to watch everything that I want, especially Protege since Daniel Wu is like AWWWW; youtube like mad, especially Hana Kimi of which I've been lagging 2 whole episodes behind, and PrisonBreak of which I've been lagging don't know how many episodes behind and Channel5 has finished airing the series, and I feel like rewatching Naruto right from the start; I want to bring my laptop and go to the airport and drink coffee and watch videos! And now I realised, 1 day off work and everything else is simply not enough for me to enjoy.
So I'm beginning to sleep more and more soundly on the way home from work everytime, which causes me to oversleep my stop further and further. Walking home with a spinning head is no fun at all, scarly one day I get knocked down by a car while crossing the road (CHOY!). And then everyday I keep swearing to myself "I must blog tonight, I must blog tonight.", and then that's one night, two nights, three nights, until now. So forgive me for long posts.
If I quit my job at the cafe, I guess the thing I'd miss most about are the regular customers. Being able to recognise your customers and knowing what they want w/o them telling you (just a smile from them would do) is one of the most satisfied feeling. Mr Bruno, the frenchman who drinks double espresso nearly every single day; Bolo no mushrooms (I must find out his name someday), the extremely neat-looking italian (i think) with a goatee and slightly Justin Timberlake lookalike =D; the group of working men who keeps calling me 'the boss's daughter' =.= (and I actually told one of 'em that I'll tape his mouth, jokingly of course) .....
And so, there are nice customers (who even go as far as bringing their trays straight to the counter for us so as to save us the trouble to go out and clear their tables) and unreasonable ones.
This professional-looking lady came to eat with her mother and a I-don't-know-if-it's-a-he-or-she. While waiting for their food orders, the lady asked me, "Can I go to Burger King and buy some fries to eat here because my mother wants to eat."
"Er.. Sorry, I can't allow that."
"But my mother wants to eat. Anyway I've ordered food here, I don't see why I cannot bring in and have the food here." Intimidating and snappy.
Seriously after she said this, I can't rmb if I gave her the permission or not, yet all along in my head, it was "I don't allow her to bring in outside food." Now this is where the trouble starts.
I was tidying the s/w counter when Jen (lady boss) asked me if I know who gave the lady permission to eat outside food. And so I said "she asked me, I said 'no'."
Jen: "You come with me." (not in a fierce tone, just asking me to go with her)
So me and Jen went to the table of 3, who were still happily eating french fries and finished a plate of Aglio Olio and still consuming a plate of carbonara. A supposedly peaceful negotiation became a commotion, of which each of the ladies seems to be competing who can speak LOUDER. Pro-looking lady INSISTED that "it's your staff who gave me the permission! now this is your internal problem! you shouldn't be coming to confront me like this and destroying my appetite! Your food is cold when you send it anyway! I want a refund!".
Jen believed that I said no to the lady, of which I don't even believe myself if I did or not. So Jen's replies became louder, the lady's even louder, from sitting to standing to pointing fingers; the man/woman now and then adding oil to fire by showing his/her displeasure and banging the table and telling Jen to get out of the place (=.=); the old mother sitting there and suddenly said "你们哪里可以这样的, 是你的员工的错嘛.."; boss came and try to calm down the situation but to no avail because the ladies are on max fire power; I can't and don't know what to do so I'm just standing there as if I'm transparent and watch the whole show; the only other customer in the cafe remains drinking his iced lemon tea and reading his storybook (I bet he wasn't reading), and then the climax.
The lady just sweep the bottle of tobasco sauce and sent it flying off the table onto the floor, leaving some of itself on Jen's pants, which officially erupted the volcano in her and boss.
"You are being unreasonable! You are NOT going to get a refund! Get lost! I don't welcome you here!"
"I don't want to stay here anyway! I am going to make a complaint about you all on the newspaper! You wait!"
And so they left, leaving a finished plate of Aglio Oglio, and a half-finished carbonara which is still warm. Your food is cold?
What an incident. I claim it this way, you claim it that way, who knows who's right? I don't know if I am, do you? Making yourself ugly in public, blowing the issue up, is never a clever thing to do. Why can't she just resolve the issue peacefully? Perhaps she felt very strongly that she's being wrongly accused.
All of a sudden, everyone's quitting. I told myself I'd stay there latest till this coming payday, it hasn't come, but, I recently thought that I might just stay on for another month, since work has been rather enjoyable and I'm getting used to it as if it's like a CCA. Yet, I'd be alone soon, Jiamin's leaving, AhDu as well, Yvonne too, and in fact very soon, right after this week. On top of being shorthanded already, the problem is not getting resolved much since boss has only hired 2 or 3 new staff so far.
Everyone's quitting to pursue what they want to do, and then I wonder, what do I want to do? Frankly speaking, there's still 5 more months till school starts (that is if I make it into uni), there's time to try many other things. Was crapping with Yvonne while doing closing, and I said I wanna be a kae-leh-feh, like quite interesting huh, and try babysitting, and try private investigating and 捉奸. hahaha.
On a serious note, I badly need to find an ambition in life, one of which I will stick by it and is ain't empty talk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment