Saturday, December 30, 2006

2006

This is gonna be a long post I guess, since the eventful 2006 is ending in a few days' time.

Year 2006, well I still kept New Year wishes in my hp till now, and all said "hope 2006 will be a great year ahead for you..". And yeah, it's been really a good year!

2006, 18 years old, JC2.

I bonded to a great group of people, you guys know who you are. Shall mention a few:

Goh Chun Kiat. Cannot give you too many compliments or your head will grow bigger. I don't know what to say, but ya.. a really big thankyou for everything, for the entertainment which includes the millions of nicknames that spawn from that mind of yours, for times when I need guidance and I know I can look for you, for times when you nagged like an old lady (esp during HC times), telling me to rest properly and eat well and study hard. Many more, and I'm grateful for everything. Thank you so much.

Only mention the first person and I felt like crying already.

Tan Keng Foo. You are one great sister to have can. Man.. thanks for listening to me rant, esp that time on the train platform if you remember, thanks for laughing at me along with your island-mate (eh doesn't mean you can always laugh hor ahaha), thanks for listening to me complaining about evergreen stuff. Haha. Thanks for the times when you listened to stuff regarding family (that time at airport if you remember). And ya thanks for letting us see your little bro. I am looking forward to him growing up and can call me jiejie. Hahaha. Yeah thanks for everything.

Suey Mei Hui. You think I will leave you out? Haha. Darling, I really enjoyed the times we hang out tgt, the stupid things that we do, scaring the kid in parkway away for the toy, acting as geishas away under broad daylight on the track.. I still remember them. Thanks for being by my side for those countless times when I cried, encouraging me to study hard, and knowing what I'm thinking. You are one kickass friend lah. Haha (:

Ng Jia Min. You threatened me to say good things about you here. Hahaha. Ok you, I really think Piscean and Piscean do flock together well. Known you since sec 1, ok la you've became prettier. Haha. I remember you demand a 'return letter' for graduation, take this as one la hor. Ahahaha. Thanks for being my 'job agent', all the lobangs and tips you gave me. Thanks for teaching me how to swim, hahaha, I know I need to overcome that psychological barrier lah, I'll try. Thanks for being my diet-controller, I know sometimes I really almost gobble down junk food, luckily in the end I didn't. Many things to thank you about, cannot say too much or else you will head big big. My highly possible future uni classmate cum hostel roommate, let's Youtube big time. And one day we must HUAT AH!
---
Kantang ppl. Aijia, thanks for calling me and express your concern that time when I smsed you (won't say it too clear, I think you know), am really touched, thanks. OWY, Zhenlin and Limin, I'm really glad that we are still seeing each other so often after we went different paths, 6 years of friendship, I have no doubt about it going up to 60 years. Zhang Zhao, the number of times I see you in these 2 years are less than my fingers on one hand, but nonetheless, I know you are still our Ahma, the Ahma that we can seek guidance from, the Ahma who I can email a really long email to. I miss you lah. We all miss you. I'm looking forward to seeing each and everyone of you happily ever after hor (:
---
I had one of the heaviest responsibilities this year. Thankyou Ain the green IC for STALL-ing with me! Thanks to all the wonderful HRC and HC members. It was a really wonderful experience. For the first time I came into contact with tentages, switching off a generator, playing with a dunking machine, talking to companies as if I'm a boss, I guess not many students would have the chance to try these out. Now I can tell you roughly how much is Pasar Malam tentage.

GAMMA HOUSE COMMITTEE. The best team of people one can ever work with. We might have felt down at times, but the enjoyable times overwhelmed everything else. Thankyou CK ZhaoXiu ShuJing YingLei PeiMin Rafidah ShuLi Prap KahSing YiQun XiWei YouJun Prabhu and KaiFong.

JC2, when lessons are important, there is A Levels, I continue to skip lectures, and even fell asleep in front of the lecturer and get caught, believing that I can still handle schoolwork. And then I screwed up to the worst in my life, ended up as about last 10 in the school, visiting the vice-principal, crying in front of him and Dad. Together with the few ppl, we began to buck up, tried to study. Airport became such a familiar place which I never was familiar with it last time. I discovered Pacific Coffee Company to be my favourite coffee club.

2006, the year when I finally have internet access at home whole year round, it was non-stop youtubing and msn and checking emails and till now blogging. So in one year I got on Bleach, Naruto, Ouran High School Host Club, Blood+, Fullmetal Alchemist, and now Get Backers. Arh. Who says anime not nice??

I had my first mp3 on my 18th birthday, almost touched to tears, THANKYOU 1405 girls. I guess MeiHui would be only person reading this, but still, yea thanks to each and everyone of you.

-I went clubbing twice. First to MoS and then Attica.
-Ck, Kf and me walked from Clarke Quay to East Coast Park in the middle of night. That was unbelievable la.
-I had a taste of being pampered, ok that sucks in the end.
-I befriended my 5-year eye candy. Wahahahaha you don't know how high I am.
-I survived A Levels and graduated. 2 days after my last paper ended I started work.
-For the first time I really earned money (not taking into account the petrol station thingy).
-I learnt to swim.. ok not really yet.
-I cried almost everyday? Maybe. Because of the things I watched la.
-I've a bill under my own name.
-I stayed out many many nights.
-I lied to my parents when it comes to clubbing.
-I came to like orange.
-I won Lucky-Draw. The bear is rotting in my house.

A year filled with many kinds of emotions and little experiences. Perfect!

No comments: