Monday, August 06, 2007

#68

School starts today, but cheers to tutorials starting only in the second week, I've got no lessons today, and hence contributes to some personal time at home and in the cyberspace to crack my brains out about life, again.

I was feeling really pessimistic about Chinese for another four years, you see, I struggled and managed to get my ass out from LEP after 2 years successfully, and here comes another four years of Chinese, of which is so much more intensive than that in LEP. But well, things sort of improved after orientation yesterday, of which on the better point, seems to me that most of the people there are really optismistic about Chinese, and managed to much reduce the stereotype I (and many others) have of the prospects of this major. Got to know some great people who I have no problems communicating with, so yup, anticipation for Uni life improved slightly more by now. On the contrary, seeing a few freshmen with those jaw-dropped expertise in Chinese is making school a more competitive place, yet, making me more yearning to do well in studies, manage my time well, and not leave assignments of 12000 characters in all to complete in just a week (gasp).


Something that makes me worry is I still know nuts about registering for subjects and such. Shoot me.


Moved into hall already and I think it's a really nice one that me and Jiamin got, except for its higher rate of inaccessibility between where we have our lessons. Ntu is freaking huge, and freaking rich. Anyway, me and Jiamin blew 60bucks worth of groceries in NTUC and I guess we can start living there w/o coming out from the room for a week. I need to take some effort to decorate my side of the room, if only there's an ultra big Wentworth Miller poster, awww. For more details of the room, go visit Jiamin's blog.


Missed out on all the camps in NTU, unless you consider the little Chinese orientation as one. Missing out on camps kind of resulted in knowing lesser people around, especially the Hall one. Seems like it was alot of fun, so I kind of regretted not going for it, but well, 有失必有得,有得必有失, not going for Hall camp gave me the chance to attend another HA camp, and this time being the second time, things got alot more easier, and makes me feel satisfied in creating a wonderful part in the children's memories. Hooked, and craving for more.



Group 13 with Instructor Dragon (:

Enough of school talks, life's been great meeting up with friends (even though most of us meet up pretty often already). Sometime ago met up with Meihui, like, yes, after donkey years. Although it was only a few hours, it beats talking to each other online. Had 1142 Kbox session as well, seems like we have that every month, haha. Kind of lacked the energy and urge to k with them so I was just watching the MVs most of the time, sorry guys! And then after Kbox it was those kind of classic times that we have, Miss Selfridge and Azabu Sabo jokes, and especially the 'ling meng or ning meng (not mong)' session.

The night before Kantang & OWY had full attendance dinner (except for ZZ who will be back soon!) in a Chinese restaurant. It's like, you hardly see young people like us going to 酒楼 to eat, but eating together in a place like this, it's really heartwarming, just like a family. And then for the first time I think, we finally start to take out a camera and take photos *cheers*


Am starting to hate myself for neglecting Went (yes I decided to name my whitey this) for so long. The only thing I can be proud of is how I am constantly seeking out and appreciating all bass sounds from all music. I think bass is of utmost importance in all music, and I'm loving all kind of bass sounds so much that naturally my ears just always try their best to listen to the bass in the background.


Mom noticed my orange fetish and is constantly on the lookout of buying orange things for me! She bought me a orange baby pooh blanket of which ohmygodit'ssocute wheee. And yes I can sense how worried she is about me staying in hall and not being at home for most of the time in the near future.

I'm so getting my one star for kayaking after babbling about it for more than a year. Ra.


I want to go zoo.

No comments: