Sunday, September 24, 2006

You will get a heart attack if you do not exercise!

I'm getting slightly more conscious about my health and fitness level now. Seriously it doesn't really bother me much last time since I don't fall sick easily and am not in any unhealthy or unfit category. It was until recently that, I am feeling some kind of chest pain that I can't really describe. Not the kind of sudden ones. My chest hurts only when I moved my upper body in a particular way that strains my chest muscles. I can't even tell if it was pain in the muscles. It's bearable pain though. I used to have sudden and acute chest pain last time. The kind that just come suddenly and hurts even more when I breathe, so I got to breathe in and out little by little until the pain subsides by itself. It's been a very long time since I've had that kind of chest pain, and I was never quite bothered by it since I thought it was rather common [I told some friends about this before and it seems like almost everyone has such experiences too].

So I just thought I should discuss about it with health-and-fitness-guru YouJun and see what he has to say about my problem. And oh my goodness, he asked me questions like is there any medical history among my family and grandparents, like, heart disease. Apparently that doesn't sound good at all, as if I'm going to be diagnosed with heart disease and will die from heart attack. I'm not too sure about the medical history, and though I don't really think there will be any problem with my heart, I guess I'll still ask my Mum about it someday. Anyway what YouJun concluded was that I need to exercise more, which I guess, is by far the easiest and effective method to solving my problem. And he also said that, as long as it is chest pain, it's definitely no good. God damn true. I don't want to die from a heart attack!

In addition, the other day YouJun just said that my muscles are sagging, hahaha, so I guess, in aim for having firm muscles, slim down, be fit and healthy, and to prevent myself dying from a heart attack, I MUST EXERCISE! Frankly speaking I am made up of lazy bones. I don't mind exercising but it is always the first step that's problematic. Now that there's no more PE lessons, it's even harder for me to start exercising on my own la. Yet if I don't exercise, and I just keep eating and sitting around playing com or watching TV and sleep, how am I ever going to become hot?!

Tada! So I actually did 100 sit-ups yesterday. Ok apparently if I do 100 sit-ups at one go I'll just puke everything that I ate. So I did 2 sets of 50 with about a 2min break in between the sets? Yea. And now, my abs hurts :(

Then last night I told myself I must wake up early and skip 1000 times. Oh great I woke up at noon, so in the end I didn't skip. As I promised my sisters last night that I shall go swimming with them [because I want to tan and exercise] today, I really went swimming today! Oh man, the last time I swam was the last PE swimming lesson, and it's the first time in like ten years I think, that I went swimming not because it's PE lesson. Alright alright I still can't swim. I think I went there to.. waddle. I tried to swim la, applying what I've learnt from the PE lessons but still, what's the point if I can kick water and move forward but I can't come up to breathe?! And I've got problem with floating la, kena laughed at by my sisters -_-". Tmd there was no sun la. It's a perfectly cloudy day that was not hot at all. Tan my foot. Astrology says that Pisceans have talent in watersports. Give me a life jacket then I shall be a true Piscean.

Other than trying to exercise, I am cutting down on unhealthy food! Yea. No carbonated drinks! And no matter how much I think bakua rocks, I am going to cut cut cut it down! Shall not buy so much goreng pisang anymore :( and I better not eat too much junk food.

Cycling with 1142 on Monday I think. Great, shall burn off the calories!

My chest is still hurting right now.

No comments: